Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Manga Review: Loveless, Volume 12, by Yun Kouga



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: August 12, 2014
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11.

Goodreads Synopsis:

When Seimei refuses to fight alongside Nisei against an enraged Moonless, it cuts the final tie in the web of manipulation that binds the dirtiest Fighter to his heartless Sacrifice. Meanwhile, while looking at his brother’s photo album, Ritsuka discovers new information about his old self that doesn’t match up.

Review:

Several things are still the same as in the last volume. Seimei is still horrible, and I still don’t understand what his plan is. Nisei is also horrible, although I guess I just care about him less. We did get some of their backstory in this volume, though. So we got to see how twisted their relationship has always been.
I still love Soubi, even if he is still confusing and frustrating me. I want him to do something already.
The bro-ship between Ritsuka, Youji and Natsuo is great. I don’t know why I like their friendship so much, but I really do. They spend a lot of time together in this volume, too, going to Ritsuka’s house to look for clues. Their meeting with his mother is interesting, and deserving. They bring back the topic of Ritsuka’s forgotten past, which I am now curious about again. It’s been several volumes since I’ve even thought about it, but it’s still a looming mystery for Ritsuka.
They also spend some time thinking about Soubi and the mess with Seimei, before Natsuo disappears to introduce a new character. And some possible problems between Natsuo and Youji is hinted at, which I’m not looking forward to.
I love this series, and now that I’m fully caught up again, I’m made aware of how long it might be before the next volume is released. This series has a long time between release dates, and we’re all caught up with Japan. I still love it, and will be waiting not-so-patiently for the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment