Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Manga Review: Yukarism, Volume 4, by Chika Shiomi



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: November 3, 2015
Volumes: 4
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Seemingly afflicted by Yumurasaki’s fatal illness of the past, Yukari begins to get very sick in the present day… Meanwhile, Mahoro vows to kill Satomi before he can kill Yukari (as she believes he had killed Yumurasaki in the past)! Are these three fated to repeat their tragic connection?

Review:

I would definitely have loved more of this series, but it still ended very well.
We finally figure out what really happened in their past lives, and we see how it’s culminating in the present. It comes to a head, how their past selves are taking over their present. It takes a different turn than I expected, for one character in particular. But it gives their pasts a final end, a way to move on in the present.
I really just wanted Yukari and Mahoro to have a happy ending, and I’m really happy with how it happened. It was sweet and not too much, not too sappy, not rushed. It was perfect.
I loved this series. It was a surprising delight, and I’m so happy to have it. I really hope that VIZ picks up more of Shiomi’s other series, because I want more.



A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment