Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Manga Review: Attack on Titan: Before the Fall, Volume 7, by Satoshi Shiki, Ryo Suzukaze, Hajime Isayama, and Thores Shibamoto


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 2016
Volumes: 10+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.

Goodreads Synopsis:

TURNING ON THEIR OWN
The Survey Corps sets a cunning trap to capture the mysterious Abnormal Titan that broke through their ranks. As Arwin tries to determine the grotesque creature’s identity and purpose, scouts report Titans closing in on all sides! But they don’t seem to be after the humans – instead they’re targeting the Titan!

Review:

Kuklo and Sharle and the group are getting along mostly fine in their little corner. Kuklo is learning everything he can about the vertical maneuvering equipment, and they go on their first titan expedition to use it and fight. It goes probably how you'd think it would.
Meanwhile, Xavi is getting along in the ranks. Slowly, in the background, he's working toward finding Kuklo and Sharle. He has a vendetta and he's not letting go of it any time soon.
I really like the artwork in this series, and I really like the main characters. I don't care for Xavi, he's a typical jerk villain. But I'm a fan of Sharle, and I really like her relationship with Kuklo. It's my favorite part of this series. I also like the glimpses of development we see in Kuklo's character. But this series does get quite boring at times. The heavy storyline, all the time spent on explaining backstory or mechanics. It can be very boring.
I'm still reading. I like it, but I don't love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment