Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Manga Review: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Volume 26, by Karuho Shiina


Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5-5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: March 7, 2017
Volumes: 28+
Spoilers?: Light.
Volume: 1. 25. 27.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Sawako “Sadako” Kuronuma is the perfect heroine…for a horror movie.

With her jet-black hair, sinister smile and silent demeanor, Sawako “Sadako” Kuronuma always had trouble fitting in. But her whole life changes when she befriends the most popular boy in class, Shota Kazehaya. Can love trump her cursed life?

Review: 

I am obsessed with this series. I love every little piece of it, and every new volume is always a delight. I love it.
Seeing Kazehaya and Sawako having a real moment, whether they're arguing or making up and understanding each other or just generally being adorable, just hurts my heart because I love it so much. They finally get to continue their discussion from the previous volume when they were interrupted. They've had time to think about it, and now they know what to say. And god, it's so freaking sweet. I'm in love with them.
They're my OTP. I think that's it.
Aside from that, Sawako also has a big development with Kurumi, as they finally mention what happened in the past. We see that Kurumi genuinely feels bad about how she acted, and I'm impressed with this entire development. Along with that, we get to see how much Sawako has really grown. She speaks her mind more freely now, and trusts her friends. It's sweet.
And, finally!, Yano has a revelation, and of course runs into Pin right after. I won't spoil too much, but I've been waiting for this. It needed to happening. I know I should probably not be so behind this, but I really am.
These books come too sparsely and are gone too quickly. I love them so much.

A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment