Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Manga Review: Say I Love You, Volume 16, by Kanae Hazuki


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: October 2016
Volumes: 17+
Spoilers?: Light.
Volume: 1. 15. 17.

Goodreads Synopsis:

COLLEGE CONUNDRUM After graduating high school, Mei and Yamato begin to venture towards their futures. For their careers, they have decided to go to different schools and come into new environments with new experiences and friends. But the excitement of college life also brings challenges into the relationships of Mei and her former schoolmates. And when a mutual friend strays from his high school love, the distance between Mei and Yamato starts to create uncertainty in their lives.

Review:

Of course now that they're in college, Yamato has to meet some woman who immediately starts getting in the way. Of course.
I really hate these kinds of stories. I really do.
So. Yamato and Mei are doing different things, and while they're talking on the phone, they're not really seeing each other much. Mei is trying to branch out, while Yamato is meeting people and has made a new friend in this girl who is clearly interested. Then Asami and Takeshi start having problems, so this leads to even more worries.
Near the end, it looks like Mei is going to speak with Asami about some things, and I hope that happens. She needs to be more open with her friends about these things.
Then there's Megumi. She's doing better as a person, I guess, but she's also struggling as a model. I still want her to get closer to Kai, as well. I'm not really sure where her character is going from here, though.
I love college stories, but I also hate all these relationships that end right after high school. Ugh. I hope the next one is better, and that Yamato and Mei actually get to talk. We'll see, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment