Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

Manga Review: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Volume 1, by Akira Himekawa


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: March 2017
Volumes: 3+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Once upon a time, wizards tried to conquer the Sacred Realm of Hyrule. The Spirits of Light sealed the wizards' power within the Shadow Crystal and banished them to the Twilight Realm beyond the Mirror of Twilight. Now, an evil menace is trying to find Midna, princess of the Twilight Realm, and the fragments of the Shadow Crystal to gain the power to rule over both the Twilight Realm and the World of Light.

Review:

I know next to nothing about Zelda, and particularly about this plot line, since I've never played the games, nor have I watched anyone else play them. Thankfully, you don't need to know anything to read this volume, as it explains things as it goes.
The story line is a little muddled to me, and I'm not really sure where it's going or how it started. It's mostly the start of the volume where I was a little lost. But then we get to really meet Link and where he is and why he's there. He has some tragic backstory, and I'm sure we'll see more of what it means soon. There's also some hints of him seeing Princess Zelda, and their relation. Then near the end we see Link's relation to the wolf, and the people who are after his village.
This was a little slow, and I wasn't too sure where it was going. I have to admit it didn't really pull me in, and I didn't really get a big feel for Link's character—or at least I didn't grow attached.
I'm a little intrigued, but this might just not be my genre of story.

A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment