Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Manga Review: Ao Haru Ride, Volume 1, by Io Sakisaka


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: October 2018
Volumes: 13.
Spoilers?: Yes.
Volume: 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The popular shojo manga series that was adapted into the Blue Spring Ride anime!

In high school, Futaba gets a second chance with her first love, Kou.

Futaba Yoshioka thought all boys were loud and obnoxious until she met Kou Tanaka in junior high. But as soon as she realized she really liked him, he had already moved away because of family issues. Now in high school, she meets Kou again, but is he still the same boy she fell in love with?

Review:

It has been so long since I've watched the anime, that I'd pretty much forgotten what happens in this series. Which meant it was the perfect time to read the manga.
The volume starts in middle school, where Futaba and Kou first meet. It starts sweet, but then Futaba kind of messes it up, and when Kou moves away without saying anything, it starts a change in her. Now in a new area for high school, she's put on a different persona. She's friends with the popular girls, and she thinks it's for the better. When someone who looks just like Kou shows up, she starts to question her decisions.
I'm really a sucker for these kinds of plots. When she befriends the unpopular, bullied girl, and turns on the two-faced girls, I love it. And Makita is really such a sweet girl, who puts up such a good front to the mean girls.
There's a couple side characters I think we'll get to know better soon, and I'm looking forward to that. And then there's Kou/Tanaka, who is really so sweet, and there for Futaba, even if he's hiding things.
I already love the anime, and I have been waiting for this series to be released. I loved Strobe Edge, and I know I'm going to love this series just as much. I can't wait for more.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment