Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Manga Review: Twin Star Exorcists, Volume 12, by Yoshiaki Sukeno


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Shonen Jump (VIZ Media)
Release Date: May 2018
Volumes: 17+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 10. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Exorcists Rokuro and Benio unleash serious supernatural action while purifying the world of monsters.

The “Twin Star Exorcists” are fated to produce the child prophesied to end the war with the monstrous Kegare… But can Rokuro and Benio get along for five minutes, let alone save the world?

Review:

 I think I skipped a volume, because we start this one on a competition I was unaware of. We see some exorcists fighting off, split between girls and boys among the different families on the island. We get to meet some of the odd characters, but I don't particularly care for most of them.
We see a couple girl fights at the beginning, which don't really matter to me until we get to see Mayura's. And after that, Rokuro begins his fight. It's all very intense and rather violent, with a little time in between for character interactions. Rokuro's fight stops on a cliffhanger, and it looks like it'll be getting worse, as his partner was going easy on him.
This volume took me a while to get through, as I just didn't really care about the characters in it. I don't really care for the competition plots in general, but especially when I don't know most of the characters, or why they're fighting. Just meh for this one.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment