Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Manga Review: The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Volume 2, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: October 2015
Volumes: 8+
Spoilers?: Light.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

On her sixteenth birthday, orphan Himari Momochi inherits her ancestral estate that she’s never seen. Momochi House exists on the barrier between the human and spiritual realms, and Himari is meant to act as guardian between the two worlds. But on the day she moves in, she finds three handsome squatters already living in the house, and one seems to have already taken over her role!

Review:

Himari sees what position Aoi is really in, being stuck in the Momochi house. And she’s determined to help him, to figure out how to get him out of it.
Aside from that development, we meet some new yokai, Himari gets in trouble a few times, Aoi gets sick, and then we leave off with Himari inviting over some new friends from school—a cliffhanger, because one of them is supposedly a ghost. It seems like we might be going into that territory, where we get episodic cases or problems, with odd-and-end yokai introduced. I’m okay with that, though I really hope we get to know more about the other two yokai living with Aoi. They’ve been introduced, but at this point only have minor characteristics. I hope they get bigger parts soon.
I am enjoying this series quite a bit, and I do like the artstyle here. I’m a fan of Shouoto, and I like the plot for this series. Himari is a good heroine, and I think Aoi is adorable; I just want to hug him.
Overall, I’m looking forward to reading the next one, though it’s not leaving a huge impression on me so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment