Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Manga Review: My Little Monster, Volume 4, by Robico



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: 2014
Volumes: 13.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:


YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL Having sorted out her feelings for Haru, Shizuku's got her mind on her studies. However, things get turbulent when Shizuku and Haru's delinquent friend Yamaken start taking the same cram school classes. Haru targets Yamaken as a love rival, and Shizuku could not care less. The New Year approaches bringing new chaos!


Review:

Haru and Shizuku are still struggling with their feelings for each other. Haru wants all of her. Shizuku is trying to figure out what to give him, how to handle him, while also wanting to focus on her studies. Then there’s all of the outside influences, friends causing trouble and antagonizing them.
It’s all entertaining and fun, and I do like seeing it.
I want to get to know Yamaken better. I want to see more of the relationship developing between Natsume and Sasayan; I like their friendship, and the way they’re there for each other, in a way.
I want to love this series, but I’m mostly just meh about it. I don’t love it, I don’t hate it. It’s okay. But given how much love I see other people feeling for it, and what I’ve heard about later in the series, it makes me want to read more, to keep going. Either way, it’ll probably be a slow progression for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment