Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Novel Review: Dirty Bad Secrets (Dirty Bad, #4) by Jade West



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Erotica/Adult Contemporary Romance; BDSM
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: February 2016
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble.

Goodreads Synopsis:

It’s been three years since I set foot in Club Explicit, and three long years since I set eyes on Andy Morgan.
He doesn’t want me here, doesn’t want to know me, doesn’t want to even hear my name.
But I’m back on his doorstep, in his office, in his life… with a suitcase full of dirty bad secrets.

Faye Devere is out to claim her old life back. Three years in Italy have come at a heavy price, and she’s running back to the only anchor she has left: her fifty-fifty share of Club Explicit, and the man she left to pick up her pieces.
But Andy Morgan’s long over it. Long over her.
Club Explicit is his baby now. His club, his rules, his way.
Andy’s not a man who shares easily. And certainly not with the woman who upped and left without so much as a goodbye.

When your battlefield is London’s horniest playground, and sex is the sole weapon left in your arsenal, it’s only a matter of time before the fight gets dirty… and the secrets get dirty bad.

WARNING: As is always the case with Jade West novels, please proceed with caution. The book contains hardcore BDSM and sexual practices that may offend some readers. Please use your own discretion. Most definitely 18+ on

Review:

 The warning about this being the dirtiest book yet is definitely true. Take it to heart.
There’s some real anger between these two, a lot of hate-fucking issues to work out. There’s humiliation, and a lot of anal (both giving and receiving), mention of watersports and dirtier things, orgies, f/f, whipping with blood, to name a few things. It’s dirty, for real. And while I found most of it incredibly hot, a lot of people won’t. Warning!
There’s also a lot of angst. Andy is pissed about the way that Faye ditched him and the club and disappeared for three years, understandably. Faye is trying to move on from what she did, and is frustrated that Andy won’t let her. Faye does whine a bit, but I understood her side, and I felt bad for both of them. They’re both very headstrong and angry and stubborn. They have a lot of fighting to go through before they can talk to each other.
But I loved their chemistry, and when they finally calmed down, they were good together. They love each other and always have, they just have to get past the hurt first. And Faye has to get past Vincent, the guy who she was with for those three years. Vincent took more than he gave, and there was some dubious consent when she was with him, and so she left. I do like what happens with him in the end, too, very deserving after what he did.
I loved this book, and it’s pretty much equal to the first one, my favorite thus far. I loved getting to see the previous characters, Cat and Masque in particular. And I really hope that Topaz gets her own book next. She deserves to find a guy (or even pair?) who will love her, and treat her as dirty as I think she wants.
I want more! It was so good and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment