Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Manga Review: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 2—Battle Tendency, Volume 2, by Hirohiko Araki



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: February 2016
Volumes: 7.
Spoilers?: Light.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The battle against evil takes a diabolical twist as more Pillar Men awaken! Now it is up to Joseph Joestar and his new ally Caesar Zeppeli to try and stop their nefarious plan! But these are creatures of unimaginable power, and JoJo and Caesar will have to get a lot stronger to even stand a chance!

Review:

I haven’t read or seen any of this series, so I had very little idea of what I was getting into. And this is definitely a unique series.
The artwork is very detailed, and there are a lot of very muscled characters, particularly males. Lots of big males. And a lot of fighting between them.
We meet a female trainer in this volume, and she whips JoJo into fighting shape with a lot of brutal, unapologetic work. It’s tough. And it works, especially since JoJo is so arrogant and believes he’s the best when he’s not quite there yet.
And all this leads up to them fighting a team of ancient gods who are searching for something, and JoJo’s team is keeping them from it. I didn’t quite expect so much brutal violence, or the bloody deaths.
This was an intriguing, unique volume. I didn’t expect this, and while it’s not really my type of series, I didn’t mind it, I can see the appeal.

A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment