Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 16, by Ema Toyama


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: December 2018
Volumes: 19.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 15. 17.

Goodreads Synopsis:

UNPREDICTABLE Yukina and Shigure are now finally on the same page when it comes to their feelings, but their first foray into true love is no easy feat! What adventures await them in their new relationship? Meanwhile, Hisame has had a crush on Mami for a long time, but when he works up the courage to confess to her, neither of them are prepared for what happens!

Review:

Just as I'm starting to fall out with this series, they throw in even more drama with Hisame, my least favorite character.
Yukina's secret is discovered, and this is apparently cause for Hisame to blackmail her. I have lots of issues with this. For one, this series does not need more drama or dark plots. For another, why is this such a huge deal? I don't see why Yukina can't just be honest about it. I understand maybe Shigure will be upset—but also, didn't the series start with her openly using him? So how is this surprising?
Before all of that, Yukina was finally going forward with Shigure. Even meeting his parents, and confronting them about how they treat their sons. I would have enjoyed this more, if it hadn't been quite so cheesy.
I think with the long time between the release dates, it has given me too much distance from the series. When you get such a long break, you come back and only see flaws, sometimes. And I'm having a very hard time dealing with the unnecessary drama of this series at this point.
Knowing that this series is ending soon, though, I might just binge the last few volumes when they're all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment