Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

DNF Review: Tether Me Not by David Dachauer



Rating (Out of 5): ~2
Genre: Spiritual, Somewhat-Autobiographical, Contemporary, Adult

Publisher: Brown Book Publishing

Publish Date: 2011
Spoilers?: Not really.




Goodreads Synopsis:



A widower, anxious to find a way to deal with his grief over the untimely death of his wife, turned journal entries into a compelling work of fiction that tests the bounds of love and asks the question: is there life after death.



DNF Review:

I tried to read this book. Apparently not very hard, but I did try. It sounded interesting, a lot of people apparently like it, I thought I would give it a try. However, I didn’t make it very far before deciding that I wasn’t going to finish it.
This book is very spiritual. There’s a lot of God influence in it, and some Indian, ghostly stuff. I didn’t think it would be such a big part. When I started it, the romance sounded nice. And, still, the romance maybe is good, and I do think that the way the author felt about his wife is very sweet and heartwarming. But there is a lot of God stuff, and I just can’t handle any more of that.
I wanted to read more, give it more of a try, but I just couldn’t do it. I knew that, were I to keep reading, I was just going to get frustrated and annoyed and angry at all the pushy God stuff, so I decided to stop. I’ve only ever DNF’ed a very small handful of books, so that says something. Not that this is a bad book (because, as I said, a lot of people liked it), but that this book isn’t for me.
Because it’s not. Sorry, but I couldn’t finish it. Thank you, though, for sending it to me.



A review copy was provided by Goodreads First Reads Giveaways. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment