Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Novel Review: With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7) by Rachel Vincent


Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publisher: HarlquinTeen
Publish Date: March 26th, 2013
Spoilers?: Minor.

Goodreads Synopsis:

What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....

What Will I Miss?:
  • The characters, definitely. Mainly them, I think. I grew close to pretty much all of them, I like the dynamic they had going. 
  • I'm also going to miss the romance, of course, because I really liked the main couple.
  • I'm going to miss the way that Kaylee, as the main heroine, took charge, and the surprises that Vincent took with the series.
Review:

I really like this series, and it’s sad to see it go. This is a good place to stop it, though, very fitting; it’s a good ending to this series. A bit surprising, though, which is also nice.
This book draws the conclusion to the series, and thus the conclusion to the Avari plot line. And while I did like how the story left off, I didn’t particularly believe the ending. Supposedly they won’t have to deal with Avari anymore, but I just don’t trust that things would end that easy. Not necessarily that how things ended was easy to get to, because it wasn’t, but still.
Maybe I just didn’t connect with the ending as well as I could have, though. Aside from the ‘reunion’ at the very end, that was really nice.
Aside from that, though, I really enjoyed this book. I like what happened with Kaylee and Tod; I liked their sweet moments, as well as their sexy ones, and just where their relationship was by the end of the book. Although there was this soul entertwining thing that I had to expend my disbelief for, even though it was supposed to be sweet (and actually was, in a way).
I really like what happened with Nash and Sabine, how Nash seemed to have grown and I was happy that things were working out for Sabine. Sophie and Luca seem to be in a good place. Emma, by the end, seems to be moving on very well, and I’m hopeful for how things are going for her sister and the baby. I’m happy for all of their parents.
I don’t think I really have too much to say. I’m rather happy with how everything ended, with where all of the characters are at. I’m going to miss them, but this is a good time to stop the series, and this a very good ending to do it.
Also, I look forward to whatever Vincent has planned in the future for YA, which is hopefully something, although that leaves time for me to actually start her adult series. 

The Cover:

I do rather like the cover of this book. The first few covers for this series were not very good, but they got better as they went, and I think this one is especially pretty. The fact that a dress similar to the one the model is wearing is actually in the book helps, too. The Embarrassing Factor isn't too horribly high, either, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment