Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Wishlist Thursday[4]: Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14) by Rachel Caine



Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, #14) by Rachel Caine
Genre: YA Supernatural Romance
Publisher: Penguin (New American Library)
Publish Date: May 7th, 2013

Goodreads Synopsis (DON'T READ if you haven't read the previous books, 'cause there are spoilers!):

Thanks to its unique combination of human and vampire residents, Morganville, Texas, is a small college town with big-time problems. When student Claire Danvers gets the chance to experience life on the outside, she takes it. But Morganville isn’t the only town with vampire trouble...

Claire never thought she’d leave Morganville, but when she gets accepted into the graduate program at MIT, she can’t pass up the opportunity. Saying good-bye to her friends is bittersweet, especially since things are still raw and unsettled between Claire and her boyfriend, Shane.

Her new life at MIT is scary and exciting, but Morganville is never really far from Claire’s mind. Enrolled in a special advanced study program with Professor Irene Anderson, a former Morganville native, Claire is able to work on her machine, which is designed to cancel the mental abilities of vampires.

But when she begins testing her machine on live subjects, things quickly spiral out of control, and Claire starts to wonder whether leaving Morganville was the last mistake she’ll ever make...

Why? (no spoilers in here, promise [although something is hinted at]):

I love this series. I absolutely love this series. That should probably be apparent already from my reviews of the previous books, because it’s very true. This is a series that I am forever fangirling over, and re-reading, and just generally loving and wanting more of (even if it has to end at some point) (not that this is the last book, thank god). This book (the fourteenth in the series, ohmygodholycraphowdidthathappen?) came out earlier this week (two days ago, if you’re reading this the day it’s posted), and my copy of it is already in the mail and heading my way. I’m going to try to hold off on reading it right away, particularly because I’m reading other stuff right now, but I’m weak, and I have no doubt that it’s going to go by much too quickly. I just… I love this series. It’s one of my all-time favorites. And I have no doubt that I’m going to love this book just as much as the others.
Also, I’m particularly looking forward to what’s going to happen with the new direction that Caine is taking the book, and am really really looking forward to seeing Claire and Shane again. Also, I’m curious to see what points of view we’re going to see (something that I thought of literally right this second), what with what happened in the last book and where Claire is right now; hopefully there will be more Claire, as I like it when she’s the main focus, although I do like getting Shane’s POV as well.
God, I’m just too freakin’ excited, apparently. I’m going to stop and just gush internally to myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment