Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Manga Review: Ceres: Celestial Legend, Volume 2, by Yuu Watase



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo)
Volumes: 14
Spoilers?: Vague.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Here is another adventure by the author of the popular Fushigi Yugi manga series. Ayas trip home turns tragic when her mother lunges at her with a knife, thus triggering her sudden transformation into Ceres. Then Ayas joyous reunion with Aki is short-lived when Ceres angrily emerges. Later Aya travels to the Mikage Corporation headquarters, knowing that the powerful company is being targeted for destruction.


Review:

I don’t really know how I feel about this series at the moment. Not very strongly, I do know that. Not very impressed, either, or eager to start the next one. I’m sure that it will get better the more I read, though.
So, we saw some more of Aki, Aya’s brother, who decides to escape for a little while to find Aya. Also, Aya is being possessed by Ceres, her ancestor, at times of inconvenience, like when her brother is around and Ceres wants to kill him. And the only way that Ceres seems to go away is when Yuhi kisses her, which is weird. Also, the romance between Aya and Toya has advanced, which I’m not sure is good or bad. I know that it’s much too fast, too insta-love, but I’m on the way to accepting it. Aya is also still going to school, some of the time, with Yuhi, which is weird. But, I mean, that seems to always happen, even though, really, what’s the point?
Anyway, some more bad stuff happened. Aya’s cousin is trying to overthrow her grandfather, which isn’t good, and he kidnapped Aya, kind of, at one point. I’m not going to go into too much detail, but not-good stuff is happening. And yet I’m also not very excited for it. I don’t know.
I am interested in the characters, a bit, I guess. I wouldn’t say that I really like anyone, but I’m interested in Yuhi, and Suzumi, his sister-in-law, and Toya (him especially, probably), and Aki and Aya’s changes. I do find Mrs. Q, Suzumi and Yuhi’s servant or whatever, rather entertaining.
This is just alright for the moment. There are still too many italics in the dialogue, which makes it a bit hard, and annoying, to read at times. I’m hoping to get more into it, to enjoy it more, as I get farther into the series, which I think will actually happen. We’ll see, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment