Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Manga Review: Attack on Titan, Volume 11, by Hajime Isayama



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: January 2014
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 10. 12.

Goodreads Synopsis:

"DO YOU THINK THIS WORLD HAS A FUTURE?"
Thanks to Eren's timely arrival, the 104th has managed to turn the tide at Wall Rose. But this momentary victory forces two more traitors into a corner – and the identity of the Titans who have been destroying the walls is revealed! What can Eren do against the two most dangerous monsters humanity has ever faced? And who else might be an enemy in disguise?

PRAISE FOR THE HIT ANIME
"A visceral and fantastically intense action/horror story." - Anime News Network

"Japan’s equivalent of The Walking Dead." - io9

Review:

There’s a big titan showdown in this volume. It was intense, and the resulting problems are really not good. Particularly for Eren, but I won’t spoil why.
Then there’s a rather emotional scene with Mikasa. And given how much I love her, I feel just so bad. She hurts so much, and I understand why so much, and I just feel so bad for her.
Something big is starting with Reiner and Bertholt, with what they’re doing right now, and I’m really struggling with why. I just can’t figure out what their motivation is, why they’ve done everything they’ve done, and why they’re doing what they’re doing now. I hope there’s some kind of explanation in the next volume.
There’s also Ymir, who I’m curious about. And I really want to find out what Krista knows.
I also hope that Mikasa gets what she wants in the next volume, although at least she was in a better place at the end of this volume. She has hope again, and that’s what matters for now.
This is just such an exciting series. I’m really looking forward to reading the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment