Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Manga Review: Loveless, Volume 11, by Yun Kouga



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: June 2013
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 10. 12.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Ritsuka Aoyagi is alone in the world—never fitting in at school and alienated from his own past by a fragmented memory. When his beloved older brother is brutally murdered, Ritsuka is heartbroken but determined to find answers. His only lead is Soubi, a mysterious, handsome college student who offers him an intimate link to his brother’s other life: a dark and vibrant world of spell battles and secret names.

Ritsuka’s faith in his older brother Seimei is pushed to the limit when the unit named Moonless reveals sordid details of Seimei’s horrific past deeds. Then, while Ritsuka is still reeling, the unthinkable happens: Seimei returns to reclaim Soubi.

Review:

A horrible revelation is made about Seimei in this volume. And Nisei, of course, who I already didn’t really like. But the more I read about Seimei, the more I don’t like. He’s horrible.
Then there’s some really cute scenes between Soubi and Ritsuka, until Soubi does something horrible, goaded by Seimei. It breaks Ritsuka’s heart, and it’s horrible. I don’t like it even a bit, but I also don’t really understand why. Just… why, Soubi?
Then we see Ritsuka’s relationship with Youji and Natsuo. Their relationship is just so great, and I love the way they’re there for him after what happened with Soubi, as well as how what Soubi does hurts them, too.
I just love the relationships in this series. Youji and Natsuo are definitely two of my favorite characters, because they are just so interesting and entertaining. I feel so bad for Ritsuka, and I’m now confused by and unhappy with Soubi. The plot is also thickening in very interesting ways, and I’m interested to see where it goes.
I’m very excited to get my hands on the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment