Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Teaser Tuesday[178]: Stake That! (Blood Coven Vampire, #2) by Mari Mancusi




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

-------------------------------


Stake That! (Blood Coven Vampire, #2) by Mari Mancusi
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Berkley JAM (Penguin)
Release Date: 2006

Goodreads Synopsis:

All I want is to be a vampire. But nooo-I have to be Rayne MacDonald, Vampire Slayer....

Sisters. They'll swipe your clothes, your boyfriends, your destiny. But it wasn't exactly my twin Sunny's fault. Magnus, vampire hottie and coven leader, mistook her for me last month and bit her instead. Now they're doing the inter-species dating thing.

But back to me. Turns out that for every generation, there's a Vampire Slayer-and this time around, it just happens to be yours truly. My first mission: infiltrate a seedy vamp bar downtown and expose its vampire owner for purposely spreading a blood disease he created himself. A task almost harder than passing trig.

After going it alone once, I realize I need help. So Magnus sends his hot homey Jareth to go undercover with me. And let me just say I wouldn't mind going under the covers with him. Maybe fate doesn't bite after all...

Excerpt:

“Okay, sorry, I’m back. Ready to recap dinner with Dracula.” (Paperback, pg. 123)

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment