Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Wishlist Thursday[137]: Planetes by Makoto Yukimura (+ The Secret Sakura Shares)



Planetes Omnibus 1 by Makoto Yukimura
Publisher: Dark Horse Manga
Release Date: December 22, 2015
Volumes: 2 Omnibus/4 Volumes

Goodreads Synopsis:


In the 2070s, increased interplanetary travel has led to crisis-level amounts of dangerous space debris, and someone has to clean it up. Planetes follows the space-garbage crew of aspiring explorer Hachimaki, mourning Yuri, and secretive Fee, collected in two omnibus editions, printed from the original files and complete with bonus color pages!


Why?:

This might not be something I would normally pick up, but the hype around it has me intrigued. I am enjoying Yukimura’s Vinland Saga series (even if I am super behind), but I never read this series back when Tokyopop first released it. And now I’m intrigued, and excited to pick it up, both to read it and see what this special edition is like.

Special Mention: The Secret Sakura Shares by Akira Hagio from Yen Press -- This looks like a cute shojo omnibus from Yen Press. Not something I'd have thought would be coming out, but I'm very interested.

Is this on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment