Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Manga Review: He's My Only Vampire, Volume 4, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: September 2015
Volumes: 10.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

"Take care... for your blood...is sweet... "


The angels Isuka and Hitaki have been targeting Aki all along! In order to "purge" the pureblood vampire, they bring their Swords of Judgment down upon him! Will Kana be able to help Aki out of what appears to be a life-threatening situation...for them both?!

Review:

I will admit I’m having a harder time following and enjoying this series than Shouoto’s others being released. It’s darker, which I don’t mind, but I think I’m not connecting as much to the characters or the storyline, and I’m not remembering it as well. And we’ve met so many new characters in the last couple volumes who I don’t really care about… I don’t know what exactly it is.
I’m intrigued by the bond between Kana and Aki, and what powers she’s starting to have. I like the confidence she has with her power and her position with Aki. I also like that Aki has to bite her and the romantic feelings forming there.
After the angels introduction completes, there’s a school play that Kana and Aki get thrown into, then Aki works on collecting a new stigma.
I’m just not feeling this series, even if I really want to. I might give it a pause before coming back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment