Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Manga Review: Honey So Sweet, Volume 2, by Amu Meguro



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: April 5, 2016
Volumes: 8.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Little did Nao Kogure realize back in middle school that when she left an umbrella and a box of bandages in the rain for injured delinquent Taiga Onise that she would meet him again in high school. Nao wants nothing to do with the gruff and frightening Taiga, but he suddenly presents her with a huge bouquet of flowers and asks her to date him—with marriage in mind! Is Taiga really so scary, or is he a sweetheart in disguise?

Although Nao Kogure was once afraid of the delinquent Taiga Onise, she was soon touched by his kind soul. Nao and Taiga stopped dating when Nao became confused by her feelings for the two different men in her life. Now that they’re just friends, Nao begins to realize who she truly has romantic feelings for.

Review:

This series is just adorable. I was a little unsure in the first volume, but now it’s grown on me, and I just plain enjoy the art style and humor and writing. I like the quirky, simplistic nature of it.
I wasn’t expecting the romance to move so quickly in this series, but I love it. Nao doesn’t spend long at all in denial about her feelings for Taiga, which helps when Taiga doesn’t deny his feelings at all. Nao also comes to realize her true feelings for her uncle, and is even honest with him about them. I am just all around impressed with this, though I do admit it was maybe a tad fast. I don’t really mind, though.
I think that Taiga is adorable. He’s extremely honest about his feelings and thoughts and excitement over things, even when he gets embarrassed, and I appreciate that. He’s so in touch with his feelings, and I love how serious they are with each other.
Then, of course, Taiga makes a new friend at school who starts trying to separate them, and I sense drama is afoot. There’s also Yashiro and Misaki in the background, and I like Yashiro’s friendship with Nao. I also think that her and Misaki's odd friendship works so well while being cute and funny.
I’m just plain enjoying this series at this point. I think it’s adorable, and look forward to the next one.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment