Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Manga Review: Blue Exorcist, Volume 13, by Kazue Kato



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shonen Jump Advanced (VIZ Media)
Release Date: June 2015
Volumes: 16+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 12. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The Exwires learn the tragic story of what happened to Izumo’s mother, Tamamo, when the Illuminati’s mad Professor Gedoin sought her out in order to conduct his insane experiments. Now Izumo has been captured and is next on the professor’s list of test subjects. Rin, Yukio, Shiemi, Suguro and Konekomaru head deep into Dream Town Inari to rescue Izumo, but what they find there is a horror none of them ever expected…

Review:

Shima’s betrayal is still fresh, and Izumo is still being held captive with her demise in mind. Meanwhile, the gang is attempting to save her. They’re split up, forced to fight their own enemies, and it’s bad.
This is messier than I expected, and darker. But I’m loving the development of plot and character. We get to know more about each character, most of whom I’m already a fan. We get to see what Shima is up to, and I’m really not a fan of him at the moment. I feel terrible for Izumo.
This series is getting darker, and I’m attached to everyone at this point. I’m really looking forward to the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment