Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Manga Review: My Love Story!!, Volume 8, by Kazune Kawahara and Aruko

Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: April 5, 2016
Volumes: 11+
Spoilers?: Light.
Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble.
Volume: 1. 7. 9.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Takeo Goda is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don’t want him! (They want his good-looking best friend, Sunakawa.) Used to being on the sidelines, Takeo simply stands tall and accepts his fate. But one day when he saves a girl named Yamato from a harasser on the train, his (love!) life suddenly takes an incredible turn!


Takeo and Yamato spend their days deeply in love. Yamato invites Takeo to a date at her house, but what’s in store when Takeo meets Yamato’s family for the first time? Furthermore, Takeo now has a rival in love! What will the gentle giant do about his incredibly handsome foe?!

Review:

Takeo meets Yamato’s parents for the first time, and it’s adorably awkward, but it goes good.
And then Suna’s sister Ai comes to visit, and the guy in love with her follows. Maybe there are some iffy moments here, but I like Oda, and I like the way he feels for Ai and how he doesn’t shy from it. He maybe could be nicer about it, but I understand. I get it. And I think that Ai needed a push, because she was letting herself fall into a stale state of unrequited love for Takeo when it was clearly not going to happen. I think she’s going to be moving forward now. I do like the way her family, and Takeo particularly, were there to protect and defend her, though.
And then Yamato gets a job at a bakery, and so Takeo gets a job to follow along, make some money. I like that Yamato is doing this for her love of baking and sweets, and because she wants to learn more and get better. I also find it funny that the main baker is so full of himself that he thinks Yamato’s sweetness is her falling in love with him. This in turn is making him more friendly with her than he should be, and it’s going to make Takeo jealous. I’m not worried, because these two are so monogamous and loyal there’s no doubt here, but I do think it’ll be funny to see how it turns out.
This is a fun, cute series, and it’s so ridiculously sweet. It’s always nice to get a new volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment