Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Novel Review: The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionare, #2) by Jennifer Probst

15842452Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance (with sex)
Publisher: Gallery Books (Simon & Schuster)
Release Date: 2012
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The sexy second book in the New York Times and USA TODAYbestselling Marriage to a Billionaire trilogy by “one of the most exciting breakout novelists” (USA TODAY) Jennifer Probst.

To satisfy his late father’s wishes, hot and single billionaire Michael Conte must find a bride—someone who will fit into his traditional family back home in Italy—and fast, so his engaged sister will be allowed to wed. With no intention of being tied down, Michael “proposes” to fiery, free-spirited photographer Maggie Ryan: if she will play the part of his fiancée during her trip to Milan for a photo shoot, he will keep away from her married best friend, Alexa, and stop making Maggie nuts with their too-close-for- comfort flirtations. 

But once in Italy, sexual tension sparks the hottest no-strings- attached arrangement on any continent. Could marriage be the most enticing trap of all?

The Cover:

Bleh. I'm not a fan of this cover at all. It's overly embarrassing, showing only the sex part of the book, but it's also not pretty or eye-catching. I don't care for it at all.

Review:

This book was just meh.
I wasn’t impressed with the writing or the characters, and none of it made me want to keep reading. It was cheesy, and the sex was just okay. I was annoyed with the characters a few times, and more annoyed with some of the plot points. The alpha role got on my nerves.
I didn’t mind some of the family elements, like his big family, and I did like the plot regarding his little sister. I don’t know if it’s enough to make me want to pick up that book, but still.
I was more disappointed by the end of the book than anything, and it doesn’t make me want to pick up another one. And at this point it was rather forgettable. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment