Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Manga Review: Noragami: Stray God, Volume 13, by Adachitoka

26067707Rating (Out of 5): ~4-4.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 19, 2016
Volumes: 16+
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble.
Volume: 1. 12. 14.
Add on Goodreads 

Amazon Synopsis:

PLAYING WITH FIRE

Hiyori knows Kōto’s real identity, and she’s determined not to let him mess with her anymore. When he comes to pick on her again, she confronts him about Yato and refuses to back down. She’s not afraid of him, but incurring the wrath of Yato’s father comes with dire consequences.

Review:

Yato’s father is the worst. I hate him and what he’s done to Yato.
In this volume, he attack Hiyori, indirectly but right where it hurts. We see how horrible he really scarred Yato in the past, and then when he threatens Hiyori, the two close in to protect her. Surprisingly enough, Bishamon also tries to help Yato in the fight, because she’s after his father for her own reasons.
I do like the way that things end, how they turn out. I’m not surprised, because even though it was bad, I trusted that Yato would figure it out in a better way. I like the way it shows up his father, too, that jerk.
This volume is bad, and it gets very dark for a while. But it turns out pretty well, for the moment. I’m looking forward to seeing how things change next, where the story goes from here. Every new volume has a surprise, and I’m impressed with each one. I can’t wait for the next one, and I’m so glad that I don’t have to wait long yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment