Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Manga Review: Oresama Teacher, Volume 20, by Izumi Tsubaki



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Volumes: 22+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 9. 21.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Mafuyu is the no-nonsense, take-charge and hard-hitting leader of her high school gang. But when she gets expelled for being a delinquent, her mother, fed up with her daughter’s wayward ways, sends Mafuyu to an isolated school far off in the country.

Review:

It has been quite a while since I’ve read one of these volumes. And it very much feels like I’ve missed a lot.
There are still a ton of characters, but there’s also some real story development happening here. Hayasaka is getting some memories from his past back, and trying to figure out what happened and confronting the people behind it. It’s a bit emotional, and surprising in its depth and seriousness.
There’s also, of course, a lot of hilarity. We see some letter-carrying pigeon make some mistakes. I also got to meet Komari for the first time (I don’t remember her from when I paused the series), whom is adorable, and I find her relationship with Akki very interesting.
This was a fun volume, though I felt a little lost at the beginning. It does make me want to pick the series back up, though.

A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment