Pages

Friday, August 19, 2016

Novel Review: Teach Me Dirty by Jade West



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance/Erotica; Student-Teacher
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: May 2016
Spoilers?: Not really.

Goodreads Synopsis:

They tell me it’s unhealthy, just a stupid crush. They tell me it’s infatuation, and will never come to anything. Never mean anything.
Because what would I know, right?
I haven’t even finished school. I’m just a silly little girl.

And no little girl should want the things I want from him.
No little girl should have the thoughts I have…

But they’re wrong.
I really do love Mr Roberts.
I love Mr Roberts because he’s the most amazing man, the most amazing artist, the most amazing teacher that could ever have existed.

And what if… just what if Mr Roberts wants me, too?
What if Mr Roberts really does want to Teach Me Dirty?

(Please note that the heroine is 18 years old)
For mature readers only.

The Cover:

I quite love this cover. I think that it's really well done and I love the image, the quality and position. The font and the name looks very professional. It's hot and eye-catching, and I love it.

Review:

I will pick up pretty much anything that West releases at this point, but this was still a little iffy for me.
I don’t really mind student-teacher relationships like some people, but I could definitely see the problems with this one, given the age difference. But the way that Helen has such a strong infatuation, and their similarities, it made sense to me. Plus, she’s over-age.
There is definitely chemistry here, they both have a lot in common and similar interests and personalities. The chemistry and relationship was also very slow to build; it was burning for both of them, but it took a while to get going. And that worked really well, I think, given the type of relationship it was and where they were coming from. He needed time to accept it, for a large part. It also wasn’t overly kinky, but had enough that made sense.
And then the ending worked really well, I think. It made sense how they both reacted, and I liked how Helen’s parents weren’t just seen as the villains. Their dislike was understandable, but the way they compromised so they wouldn’t lose her also worked. It seemed mostly realistic.
Helen also had a best friend, who had quite a few problems. I didn’t like the way that she treated Helen a few times, and think it maybe should have been addressed more, but what happened with her makes sense and was hinted at. The way that progressed made sense, I suppose.
This was an enjoyable read but very slow, though I didn’t love it. I will definitely be picking up her next one, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment