Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me!, Volume 5, by Junko



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: June 2016
Volumes: 9+
Spoilers?: Yes.
Volume: 1. 4. 6.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kae here! Summer vacation is over, but back at school, even cool gentlemanly Mutsumi-senpai is turning up the heat around me, so I guess even he has an intense side?

I'm seeing his passion even more now that his older brother, Mr. Mutsumi, has become a student-teacher at our school...and wants to whisk me away from all four boys!

It's brother vs. brother as the Mutsumi men both try to win my affections, but I'm enjoying this action! A fiery battle between two gorgeous bothers and a teacher-student setup?!

I never thought I'd get to see so much taboo in the flesh! I wonder if the boys can outwit such a mischievous older man...

Review:

This volume focuses on Asuma, the quiet guy who just goes along with everything they do. Him and Kae seem to just have a nice friendship going, but Shima is the one who points out that maybe Asuma isn’t really in the running for romance.
The group goes on a treasure hunt, and Asuma starts questioning his feelings for Kae. And then Asuma’s big brother shows up and starts teaching at their school. Kazuma is a nice guy, and a flirt to everyone in his vicinity (even the guys, which I appreciate), and he enjoys picking on his little brother when he can. This pushes Asuma to feeling protective and jealous over Kae, and thus the cute cliffhanger.
This series is just a lot of fun to me. I enjoy the characters and all the fandom references. I’m hoping we get to see more of Igarashi, and even Shima, in the next volume. Those are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment