Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Manga Review: Limit, Volume 3, by Keiko Suenobu



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Vertical
Release Date: January, 2013
Volumes: 6
Spoilers?: One with warning.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In the third volume of The Limit the survivors' worst fears have come true. One of their members has fallen. And this death amongst them will test the limits of their unity. New fears will be born from this tragedy and instead of using their combined strength to search for a way home, their lack of trust will force them all to retreat into their own micro-cliques. The balance of power is now undone, and a new face-another survivor-will eventually turn things upside down!

Review:

You know, I almost didn’t pick up this series, because I was already getting so many others. Now I’m really glad that I did. Because this is really good.
Morishige is just dwindling farther and farther down the rabbit hole of her emotions. I really dislike her, and she’s seriously psychotic right now, but I’m being optimistic in that she’ll get better. We got a really good hint at what happened with her in the last volume, but we got a full picture this time, and it was as expected. Meaning really bad, and I feel for her, and I hope she tries to see reason soon.
Something bad is happening with Usui, but I won’t spoil that, because it’s rather major. Haru seems to be getting better, but is still a little iffy. Kamiya seems to be getting better as well. We got more info about what the school knows, and I really liked seeing the parents, and hope to meet more of them in the next volume. And I really like getting that other perspective.
Then (Spoiler!) we met a new character, another survivor, Hinata. And I love him. He’s adorable and sweet and cheerful. I love him. But I’m also wary that something’s going to happen with him, because I really want to keep loving him. 
This series is intense. I’m loving it. I really want to find out more about each character, like their back-story and family life, as only some of them have been explored and I want more. I can’t wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment