Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Manga Review: Attack on Titan, Volume 5, by Hajime Isayama



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: June, 2013
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

CAN YOU GO HOME AGAIN?

Thanks to Eren, humanity has taken the town of Trost back from the Titans. Exhausted, Eren falls into a coma for three days – and wakes in shackles, staring at Erwin Smith, leader of the Survey Corps. Certain that Eren’s father’s research holds the key to the mystery of the Titans’ rise, Smith wants an expedition to retrieve it from the house where Eren grew up. But that’s deep in Titan territory, and to get there Eren will need to master a power he still doesn’t fully understand…

Review:

The world of this series is just expanding every volume, and I’m loving it. We meet a character named Ilse in this book, who has some really interesting information on the titans. Then Eren’s fate is decided, and everyone gets to choose what part of the army they want to join. And then there’s an attack on the titans/exploration/test of the land.
So much is happening! We’re finding out so much about the titans, there’s so much violence, and it’s all just so exciting. And horrifying. I think this is one of the few books that I’ve read where I’m truly horrified by what’s happening. I mean, I get freaked out rather easy, but a lot of violence in books isn’t as bad as what’s in this one.
 I’m really interested in what’s happening with Eren, as well as Mikasa (just because I like her so much) and Armin. I really like Captain Levi, and am intrigued by him. There was a really bad cliffhanger on this volume, and I really want to find out what happens next.
I love the world that this is set in. It’s just so interesting to me. I want to know more, more, more! We found out some really interesting things about them this volume, and I’m looking forward to more in the next volumes. Also, I want to know exactly what makes certain titans different, and how they can tell so easily. 
This series has easily made it to my favorite list, and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment