Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Manga Review: Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Volume 11, by Arina Tanemura



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: October, 2013
Volumes: 12
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A supernatural fantasy from the bestselling creator of Full Moon and The Gentlemen’s Alliance +!

Sakura is the granddaughter of a mysterious moon princess who slew demons with her Blood Cherry Blossom sword. All her life Sakura has been forbidden to look at the full moon without knowing why. Then one night, unhappy over her impending marriage, Sakura gazes up at the moon, only to see a demon attacking her...

Kohaku follows Hayate into the woods and finds him there with Rurijo. Enju also witnesses the clandestine meeting and confronts Rurijo about her betrayal. Rurijo, now abandoned by Enju, vows to kill Princess Sakura...

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

Review:

There was a big plot line featuring Rurijo and Sakura in this volume. I think I’m interested in Rurijo more than Sakura, and really just hope that Rurijo turns out okay. There was a lot of change for her in this volume, and hopefully it’s for the best. There was also a big change for Asagiri, that I found very sad, but is probably really fitting and not terribly surprising. There was a confrontation with Enju, and I’m not really sure what’s going to happen next.
I wish I was more involved, more emotional, for this series, but I’m just not. I’m just not attached enough to the main characters, or any of the characters really. I want to be, but I’m not.
Either way, the next volume is the last, which I wasn’t expecting. I don’t really know how it’s going to end, but I do look forward to seeing how it happens. And I definitely want some closure for everything between Enju, and for Kohaku and Hayate and Shuri. Their whole relationship is a mess, and I want something to be done about that. I’ll find out in February, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment