Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Manga Review: Awkward Silence, Volume 4, by Hinako Takanaga



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Release Date: December 10th, 2013
Volumes: 4+
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Too shy for love.

Satoru Tono is too shy to speak to classmate Keigo Tamiya. Instead he fills his sketchbook with drawings of the boy he likes. But perhaps Keigo has noticed him too...?

Yuji Sagara and Takahito Kagami have been on one date together, but Yuji isn't prepared to start a relationship with a guy who lives in a completely different world than he does. Takahito is being groomed to take his father's elite place in politics, and now it's rumored he'll even go to university abroad!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for mature audiences.

Review:

This is such a cute series. It’s adorable, sweet, cute, hot. I love it.
There was a lot of focus on Yuji and Kagami this volume, and they finally got their kind of happy ending, for the moment. I like them and all, they’re fun to watch, I liked seeing Yuji accept his feelings and Kagami’s and how he’s so embarrassed and defensive about it all. But they’re just not as good as Satoru and Tamiya to me. That’s probably only because I love them so much, but I really just want more of them. I want the volume to focus on them, all the time. I just want more, okay?
They did have some focus at the end, and aside from that, there was this really cute confession under a tree superstition that was just really funny. I like how both couples get along so well, their interactions are so funny.
I really like this series, it just makes me smile. And it sucks that it’s going to be a while until the next volume comes out, possibly a long while since I don’t think the next volume is even out in Japan, and I don’t know when it will be. I hope soon. Until then, I’m probably going to have to pick up another yaoi title, possibly from SuBLime, and there are several that have caught my eye, so it won't be hard to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment