Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Manga Review: Limit, Volume 4, by Keiko Suenobu



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Vertical
Release Date: March, 2013
Volumes: 6
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

After experiencing countless tragedies, the remaining survivors have settled into their roles hoping to make it out of their ordeal alive. Nevertheless, tensions held over from the classroom still linger, especially when death strikes once again taking the life of the remaining six. Now with an actual murderer in their midst will these teens cling on to any thread of faith in one another, or will they ultimately succumb to their collective fears?

Review:

Ohmygod this is getting so good. I should have picked this up forever ago.
There is serious drama, seriously dark stuff happening right now. Not that I wasn’t expecting it but… I kind of wasn’t expecting it? I didn’t think it would get this dark, I guess. Maybe I read too many happy-ending books, because this is definitely not one.
I don’t want to get into detail, but some really bad stuff happens in this volume. Character wise, violence wise, just in every way pretty much. I kind of can’t believe it. And I really badly want to read the next one.
I like Konno a lot, I like Kamiya. I really don’t like Morishige, but I’m hoping she gets better. I really want to like Hinata, but that ending… God, that ending just makes me so upset. And so eager for the next book. 
I am really impressed with this series. It’s really pretty, the characters are great even when they’re horrible. I’m loving the psychological stuff, the outlook and change in look on humans and friendship and survival and materialism. It’s so well done. And it gets even better, even more exciting, the more I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment