Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Manga Review: The Golden Sheep, Volume 2, by Kaori Ozaki


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Vertical Comics
Release Date: February 2020
Volumes: 3.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

After rumors start to spread at school that Tsugu and Sora have run off together to Tokyo, Asari tries to get closer to Yuushin. Yuushin, having lost his living punching bag, is left with aimless aggression, until he asks his coach to let him take the pro boxing test. In Tokyo, the old friends collide and painful truths are laid bare...

Review:

Tsuga and Sora are off on an adventure, off in their own little world, and silly me thought it would be a break from the bullying drama. Ha ha, silly me. I should have read the room better.
While Tsuga and Sora are learning how to mature and run a business, Asari and Yuushin are still dealing with their normal high school lives, of pressure and putting on a certain face and acting like they're so cool. Asari tries to get closer to Yuushin, while Yuushin is dealing with his own pressures that makes him act out. This all comes to a head when Yuushin discovers what Tsuga and Sora have been up to.
The next volume is the final one, and I have hopes that we'll get a good ending. But also, I don't really know how good of an ending I want for Yuushin and Asari, cause they're both kind of terrible. I'm having a hard time sympathizing too much. Especially when I really like Sora and sympathize with him, and I do like Tsuga despite how stupidly optimistic she's being about Yuushin.
Despite my conflicting feelings, this is a very good series so far. It's harsh when it needs to be, and I would recommend. We'll see how it ends, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment