Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Manga Review: Takane & Hana, Volume 14, by Yuki Shiwasu


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: April 2020
Volumes: 17+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 13. 15.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A strong-willed high school girl and a hot young scion of a business empire can’t help trying to outwit each other every chance they get… But could these opposites be conning themselves out of the perfect match?!

After her older sister refuses to go to an arranged marriage meeting with Takane Saibara, the heir to a vast business fortune, high schooler Hana Nonomura agrees to be her stand-in to save face for the family. But when these two utter opposites pair up, get ready for some sparks to fly!

Review:

This volume takes a surprising turn into a survival movie, which I didn't see coming. It's a bit crazy and hard to believe, but that's all okay because it's also not actually real.
After vacation, though, it's back to the real world. At this point, that just means Hana gets to catch her friends up with what's been going on in their relationship, and Takane is back to work and gaining his old position back. Though there's sure to be drama regarding Takane's family soon.
We did get a tiny bit of Nicola and Mizuki's growing relationship in this volume, though. Despite them only supposedly being friendly, they both saw a new side of each other, and it particularly sparked a new feeling in Nicola. I don't really know how I feel about their actual compatibility, but I do love Nicola and think he needs someone who sees through him, and she might be that.
I truly love the characters in this series. They're crazy and ridiculous, and so very lovable. I really love the main couple, and I also really love some of the side characters. I just can't get enough at this point.
My enjoyment and affection of this series, might equal how I feel about Maki Minami's series, now that I think about it. And I truly do have a specific kind of affection for that mangaka's work, as well. They're got similar crazy comedy vibes, now that I'm thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment