Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

Manga Review: Shortcake Cake, Volume 7, by suu Morishita


Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: February 2020
Volumes: 12.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Ten, do you like me?

When Riku and Ten visit a shrine together, Riku asks her what her feelings for him are. Ten gathers her courage and finally confesses to him, but what she says next is unexpected.

Review:

Ten and Riku take that first step to being honest and being together in this volume. Since they live together, it complicates things a bit, and they have to decide how honest to be with all of their roommates. Riku has to talk with Chiaki.
This series feels very underwhelming to me. There's definitely moments of cuteness. But then there's Riku being a jerk to Chiaki. And sometimes there are just off moments with Riku and with Ten. I also keep waiting for the drama, for something more serious to happen. We're getting hints of Riku's past, but nothing has happened yet.
You know, Riku and Ten are actually a pretty good match. I think that I like them together. Only, I think that I prefer Chiaki over their whole romance stuff, honestly. Chiaki is the only thing that stands out in this series to me. I love him, he's precious, and Riku needs to stop being so rude to my boy. At least Ten was kind to him while she rejected him.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment