Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Manga Review: Dengeki Daisy, Volume 9, by Kyousuke Motomi


Rating (Out of 5): ~4-4.5
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo Beat)
Volumes: 12+

Goodreads Synopsis:

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences T+. 
After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved older brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help… Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks? 
As Teru comes to terms with Kurosaki’s past wrongdoings, Kurosaki searches for the culprit who is trying to resurrect the “Jack Frost” virus he created. But when he learns that Teru might be in danger, will he keep his promise to leave her alone, or will the two be reunited?

Review:

I just love this series. It’s so cute, and sweet, and I enjoy each volume so much. The humor and the characters and the way it’s told are just so perfect for me or something. The art took a little getting used to when I first read something by her, but now I really like it. This series just makes me happy, I guess.
In this volume, Teru and everyone are trying to find Kurosaki, and finally just trick him into meeting up with Teru. That turned out to be really funny and then super adorable and sweet, and made me love them together even more. There was this one scene, though, where Teru talked to Akira, and it made me unsure whether she was going to fall for some trap or not. I felt that she was smart enough to see through him, and she is, but I was worried at first whether or not Motomi was going to make her do it just to cause problems. I was happy with the way it turned out, though.
There’s some catching up and cute moments, and then things go back to normal, which is nice. I guess. I don’t know, I think it was just weird seeing them both in custodian outfits again, since they haven’t been in a while, which I hadn’t realized. And things are calming down a little, probably not for long, but still. It was weird to see.
I just love Teru and Kurosaki, and I want them to kiss and be together. Right now they’re kind of awkward around each other, what with knowing that the other likes them but not being together, still getting used to being around each other like that. It’s cute, and I am enjoying that, but still. They’re still working through everything, too; they talked about Daisy, and Teru showed/said that she doesn’t want to be away from him, which was so cute. And I loved getting to see Kurosaki’s reaction to Teru, and what she says to him; that was really nice, and he totally deserved it.
In the last chapter, there’s a scene between Kurosaki and Akira, but a big revelation came out with Jack Frost in this volume, so I think things between all of that has cooled down, but I’m not sure if something else is going to come up with Jack Frost or some other problem entirely. Either way, I’m looking forward to the next volume.
I believe that the next volume is already out, and so am hoping to pick it up the first chance I get, and I don’t know when what that will be (it could be really soon, it could be several weeks from now). After that, though, I’m pretty sure it will be a while until the one after that comes out. I’m not looking forward to the longer waits between volumes, now that we’re almost caught up with Japan. But oh well, I guess.
(Also, sidenote, I’ve noticed that several of the main series from Shojo Beat are almost caught up with Japan: Black Bird, Kimi ni Todoke, and now this one. La Corda d’Oro, Otomen, Ouran High School Host Club, and probably some others, we’ve been caught up for a while and so have been having slow releases. This always sucks, but I'm sure that’s why they’ve started releasing several new series lately, which does not suck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment