Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[6]: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

-----

I have not done one of these in a while. Um, sorry about that. I’ve been gone, away from home and most of my books (and even a computer) for most of it, and am still away (or, again). So, again, sorry ‘bout that.
            I also tend to only do these when I (a) am intently reading one book at the time and (b) know that Tuesday is coming up. Because, sadly, sometimes it will be halfway through Tuesday, or already Wednesday, by the time I realize that Tuesday had come and I could have done a post for it. And I keep meaning to do this regularly, and then end up not doing that. Which, yea, means I suck. Sorry about that, or whatever.
            I have been meaning to get around to this one for a while, have heard a lot of good things about it, but hadn’t gotten around to it till now. I probably would have put it off for longer, but I brought it with me on vacation, and eventually want to get to the second one, as it seems more my type. But I want to read them in order. I hope to finish it within the next couple of days, which shouldn't be hard seeing as I'm really enjoying it so far. Anyway, here it is:
            Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
            Publisher: Penguin (Speak)

“’Race you!’ And I run toward the closest crypt entrance. My pounding feet echo throughout the building and the tourists are all staring.
I. Am. Going. To. Die. Of. Embarrassment.
And then --- he shoots past me. I laugh in surprise and pick up the speed. We’re neck and neck, almost there, when an angry guard leaps in front of us. I trip over St. Clair trying to stop.” (Paperback, pg. 170)

“And then we hear a grating American voice behind us. ‘Don’t walk behind him. We’ll be stuck here all day.’
St. Clair tenses.
‘He shoulda stayed home if he was so afraid of a couple stairs.’
I start to spin around, but St. Clair grips my arm. ‘Don’t. He’s not worth it.’” (Paperback, pg. 171)

            Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment