Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[7]: Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

--------

I am kind-of inbetween books at the moment, since I just finished one, but I think I’m going to be reading this one for the moment.
Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
Publisher: Random House (Alfred A. Knopf)

“’She wants to be a doctor and she works in a pharmacy. Well, big deal,’ I laughed. ‘Because all she sells are condoms, tampons and Dr. Scholl’s arch supports.’
‘I think I get the drift,’ he said drily. ‘I hope you won’t be boasting.’
‘Of course I will.’” (Paperback, pg. 154)

“’Would you believe me?’
I looked at his eyes. They were so dark and similar to mine. His eyebrows seemed so thick and fierce when he frowned or worried. He was a worrier, I realized. That was human.
‘I don’t think you’d be a liar.’” (Paperback, pg. 155)

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment