Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[16]: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TeaserTuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

---------------

I have gotten very little reading done lately. I went to Wordstock over the weekend (as you can see in my Updates box in the right hand corner) and it was amazing. Saw some very cool authors, got a ton of bookmarks and extra little things. Also heard about several new books that I now want.
But, the internet did not want to work while I was away, and I was too exhausted to do any reviewing or homework, and then I was sick, and then kind of still sick, and now I have way too much homework to catch up on and a bunch of reviews to write up and I bought most of the Mars series so all I want to do is read that, but I have classes and homework that take top priority, plus an extra kind of school related activity tonight and on Saturday. And there is just way too much stuff for me to do and so very little time to do it all. School, I think, is catching up with all of my other, more fun, stuff, which is not good. I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment.
As I said, I am mostly reading the Mars series right now, because it is amazing and I have all but two volumes. I love reading it all over again; it's nice seeing all the characters and events that all over again, since it's been so long since I first read it. But, I am currently kind of still reading:
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.

Goodreads Synopsis:

It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.

Excerpts: 

“So tonight is the night of the great Scorpio Festival.” (Hardcover, pg. 160)

“‘Wait – you think you’re going to the festival?’” (Hardcover, pg. 161)

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment