Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[14]: Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6) by Rachel Vincent



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TeaserTuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



---------------
 Warning: You maybe shouldn't read this unless you've read the five previous books in this series, at least if you care about spoilers, because there might be some in here.
I have been reading kind of slowly the last week, but I plan to go a bit faster this week. Also, I got quite a bit reviewing done over the weekend, which made me feel productive. Not too much else has been going on with me, though. Just been going to classes; haven’t had too much homework yet, at least not as much as I’d suspected I’d have, but who knows how long that’ll last. Oh, and I ordered some new books the other day, ones that came out a while ago and that I really want but had been putting off buying; now, I’m very excited to finally get to read them.
Here’s what I’m reading right now (which I am almost done with, and is really good so far):
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Goodreads Synopsis:

 I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it.

The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…

Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life….

Excerpts:

“’Death itself would wait for you, Kaylee…’” (Paperback, pg. 164)



“I was stirring green peas into my mashed potatoes, poking the lumpy concoction aimlessly, when Emma kicked me beneath the table. Or rather, she tried, but her foot went right through my leg and hit the bottom of the bench instead. And that’s when I realized I was fading out again.” (Paperback, pg. 164)


What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment