Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Novel Review: Fish Out of Water (Fred the Mermaid, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson



Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Penguin (Berkley/Jove)
Spoilers?: Yes.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Fred the Mermaid has taken the bait and chosen to date Artur, Prince of the Black Sea, over human marine biologist Thomas. And just in time. The existence of the Undersea Folk is no longer a secret, and someone needs to keep them from floundering in the media spotlight. Fred has all the right skills for that job, but has a hard time when her real father surfaces and tries to overthrow Artur's regime.

Available on Amazon.

Review:

This is my favorite series by Davidson that I’ve read so far. I am sad that it’s over, but I do have a lot of other books by her that I haven’t gotten to yet.
Now that the big secret is out and everyone knows about the existence of mermaids, Fred is getting all kinds of attention that she doesn’t want. Also, she quit her job and is moving into a huge house, even though her boss won’t let her go and she doesn’t want the extra rooms for guests. She also gets engaged to Artur.
Now, I thought that she’d chosen Artur and it was a done deal, so I could move on with accepting him. That she was going to work out her problems with him, they were going to grow as a couple. But a little into the book, I had high suspicions that that was not the case, and maybe, probably less than, half-way through, I realized I was wrong. She was still in love with Thomas, and so of course they end up together.
I’m not upset about that, though. I rather like Thomas, and Fred does fit with him better.
We also get to meet Fred’s father in this book (well, and Thomas’ military dad). Like everyone else in this book, I totally believed him, but still wasn’t too surprised when he turned on them. I did quite like how everyone handled it, as well. And how everyone handled Fred and Thomas.
This was a really good ending to this series. I enjoyed it all the way through, it’s a quick read, and now I just want more of Davidson’s books. It’s been a while since I last read one, and I hope to get another soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment