Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[20]: Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) by Rachel Caine



I barely read anything this last week. Which, I know, I suck.
Mostly, I’ve been working on/worrying about my story for my writing class. It was stressful and not any good but I had to turn it in anyway. So I get to continue worrying about it until Thursday, when I get the feedback for it. And get to hear the discussion about how bad it is. Because it is, really, very bad.
But anyway. I have also been watching quite a bit of TV, catching up on some shows, thinking about doing another post…
Sigh.
Here’s what I’m reading right now (which, oh my god, you guys. Oh. My. God. Am I excited for this book. Love this series. But probably don’t read at least the synopsis if you haven’t read much of the series, because there might be spoilers.):
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Penguin (New American Library)

Goodreads Synopsis:


For years, the human and vampire residents of Morganville, Texas, have managed to co-exist in peace. But now that the threat to the vampires has been defeated, the human residents are learning that the gravest danger they face is the enemy within…

Thanks to the eradication of the parasitic creatures known as the draug, the vampires of Morganville have been freed of their usual constraints. With the vampires indulging their every whim, the town’s human population is determined to hold on to their lives by taking up arms. But college student Claire Danvers isn’t about to take sides, considering she has ties to both the humans and the vampires.

To make matters worse, a television show comes to Morganville looking for ghosts, just as vampire and human politics collide. Now, Claire and her friends have to figure out how to keep the peace without ending up on the nightly news… or worse.


Excerpts:


“’What happened?’ he asked, and touched the claw slashes on her kimono. ‘Who did this?’
‘Pennyfeather,’ Claire said.’” (Hardback, pg. 182)


“It said, Done by Order of the Founder, and it was pinned deeply into the wood by a giant knife…” (Hardback, pg. 183)


What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment