Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday![19]: Georgie On His Mind by Jennifer Shirk



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TeaserTuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


------------

What do you guys think about rants? I like them, and have been thinking about them quite a bit lately… Hm.
Anyway. In the past week, I finally finished one book, and then read two not-very-good books, although I knew I wasn’t going to like them. One of them, I posted the review for over the weekend. The other one’s review will probably be up next weekend. Now, I’m reading a book that sounds cute, and is cute, but is also kind of slow/not keeping my attention. I want to like it more than I am, and it's really not bad, so we’ll see.
Lately, I’ve been in a bit of a nit-picky mood, which means that I want to read books that I don’t like/am sure I won’t like, so it’s good that I have several of them. But, on the other hand, I kind of want to read something that I know I will like. Most of the ones I won’t like tend to be the YA supernatural romances, and I do kind of want to read them… Again, hm. We’ll see.
Well, here’s what I’m currently reading:
Georgie On HisMind by Jennifer Shirk
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Avalon Books

Goodreads Synopsis:

Georgie Mayer has no boyfriend and rarely goes out. In short, she needs a life. Since graduating from college and returning home, her brother's protectiveness has been in overdrive, and she hasn't been able to have any fun, never mind go on a date.
So what's a poor particularly attractive girl to do in a situation like this? The only thing she can do: find him a woman!
He'll thank her for it in the end. That is, if his best friend Walt Somers would stop interfering with her plans. The handsome pharmacist has made it no secret that he doesn't approve of what she's up to. Unfortunately, having Walt hanging around does strange things to her mind, and she finds she can't help but take a healthy interest in him. But how can Georgie entertain thoughts of the two of them together when Walt still treats her like his best friend's little sister?


Excerpts:

“‘Well, I am sorry you don’t have a girlfriend. If you did, you could have stayed with her and you wouldn’t be living with Brad and me.’” (Hardback, pg. 69)

“’You must be slipping in your old age, so I’ll cut you some slack. Dementia can’t be that far off for you…’” (Hardback, pg. 69)

Well, tell me, what are you reading right now? Anything good, or horrible?

No comments:

Post a Comment