Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday[30]: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

-------------

Sometimes, I’m really horrible at this posting thing. Sorry about that.
I’ve mostly been up to school, which is not exciting, and have had a ton of text book reading to do, which sucks a lot. Especially when the text book is on something boring or is just generally droning and makes me tired. I’m not enjoying it very much, but I’m gettin’ through it, I suppose.
Read, like, four books within the last week, so that’s nice. This week’s book really took me way too long to finally pick up, given that I’ve wanted to read it since it first came out, and even almost got it at one point but didn’t. My local bookstore got an ARC of it in, before I’d heard much about it, and I decided not to buy it, which sucked when I heard all the hype right afterward. It’s been on my list for a while, and I finally got it when I saw the price for the hardback was so good (the same price as the paperback!) (also, am I glad I went ahead and got the hardback, instead of waiting for the paperback, because the hardback is so pretty! all shiny, with the paperbacks' picture put on the binding [even if, somehow, it bent and ripped a very tiny bit before it got to me]). (Also, the price hasn’t changed yet, so, you know, if you’re interested…)
I’m already over a hundred pages in and it’s really good, not quite what I expected in several ways, but very good, and all I really want to do is read more of it. The first bit that I read I just zoomed through somehow, it took no time at all and I didn’t even realize I’d gotten so far, and that hasn’t happened in a while, and it’s definitely a nice feeling. I’ve still got almost three hundred pages left, I think, and I’m happy about that. I don’t want it to be over too quickly.
Anyway, here it is:
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published Date: July 2012

Goodreads Synopsis:

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

Excerpts:

“Noah raised an eyebrow. ‘You play pool?’” (Hardback, pg. 132)

“The Noah Hutchins that refused steady relationships or even dating. The Noah Hutchins that only wanted one-night stands. A stoner. My opposite. And right now, everything I wanted.” (Hardback, pg. 132)

So, what are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment