Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Manga Review: Black Butler, Volume 11, by Yana Toboso



Rating (Out f 5): ~4
Publisher: Yen Press
Publish Date: October, 2012
Volumes: 17+
Spoilers?: Some.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Whispers turn into screaming headlines in Earl Ciel Phantomhive's morning paper as word of the dead being resurrected takes society by storm. But when the unsavoury details of the business reach Ciel's ear, he and his superlative butler, Sebastian, book themselves on a luxury liner to look into these alleged miracles and the "Aurora Society" conducting them. As the waters lap and crash all around the vessel, mysterious individuals gather under the banner of the "Phoenix." Ciel and Sebastian may be one step closer to the truth, but have they sealed their fates by conducting an investigation on what could easily become a floating coffin...?


Review:

I took a long break from this series, and I shouldn’t have done that. The last volume ended on a slow note for me, I guess. And then I ended up picking this volume a little while ago, because I had some extra money with me (which almost never happens), and thought why not. And then I read the book and remembered why I love this series so much.
This series is just so exciting. The adventures are so fantastic, and perfectly horrific. And yet also very funny. The characters are great. The art is gorgeous. And now I have the next three volumes to read, so I’ve got to get this written up.
The first couple chapters feature Arthur Conan Doyle, who talks to Ciel and Sebastian, clearing up the whole mystery of the party. And then Snake, of the circus (that I love), shows up, and ends up taking a position in the mansion, surprisingly enough.
Then Elizabeth (Ciel’s fiancĂ©, who I love) wants Ciel to go on a cruise with her, which he only agrees to because he has a case taking place within it. There are some rather humorous moments with Ciel, including with the Undertaker, who is also on board. But it turns out there’s a secret society on the ship, and someone claiming to be able to bring the dead back to life. And this ends with a cliffhanger featuring a rather horrific creature.
Excitement is sure to be ahead! And I’m excited!
On a side note, I just saw the cover of volume 13, and realized that Elizabeth is on it. And she’s on the cruise with Ciel. And she’s around a lot, when stuff is happening. And, you guys, I really just want her to find out and be a part of everything. Please? Can that please happen?
Well, I guess I’ll find out if it does.
On to the next volume!

No comments:

Post a Comment