Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Manga Review: A Devil and Her Love Song, Volume 11, by Miyoshi Tomori



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Publish Date: October, 2013
Volumes: 13
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A moving coming-of-age story that showcases a fierce, dynamic heroine who speaks her mind.

Meet Maria Kawai—she’s gorgeous and whip-smart, a girl who seems to have it all. But when she unleashes her sharp tongue, it’s no wonder some consider her to be the very devil! Maria’s difficult ways even get her kicked out of an elite school, but this particular fall may actually turn out to be her saving grace...

Maria finally gets to be with her beloved Shin, but her mysterious inabiilty to speak continues to haunt her. Because the cause may be related to her past, she decides to go to Yokosuka, the town she grew up in. What life-changing surprises await her there?

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

Review:

You guys, there’s only two more volumes in this series. It’s going to be over in February. How is it so close to the end already?! I don’t understand.
I love seeing Maria grow and find out more about herself and her past. It’s so exciting, and horrible, and good for her.
I’m not going to go into detail, because a lot happened in this book. There was a big internal fight for her to go through because of a few things that she found out, and it’s so hard to see her upset and angry, but she’s coming out of it better, and that’s good. We found out a lot about Maria and her parents and grandparents in this volume, as well as a surprise with Kurosu that I was really not expecting.
There was also some development with Shin and Maria. At this point, I’m not really sure how I feel about them, especially since it seems like Shin isn’t really listening to her, or is trying to shelter her, when it’s not his say what she knows or doesn’t know. Maybe I just want more Yusuke? I don’t know.
I love Maria. I just want her to mature and be happy. 
Anyway. I want the next volume, and can't wait for it to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment