Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Manga Review: Awkward Silence, Volume 3, by Hinako Takanaga



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Publish Date: February, 2013
Volumes: 4+
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Satoru Tono is too shy to speak to classmate Keigo Tamiya. Instead he fills his sketchbook with drawings of the boy he likes. But perhaps Keigo has noticed him too...? Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for mature audiences.

Something Specific:
Quote:
  • "'He’s a pervert. But I like that.’” This is Satoru thinking this. He's just so adorable.
Review:

This volume had a lot of the second, not as important to me, couple in this series, Yuji and Kagami. They are fun to watch, though. Yuji is very distant, putting up a rude front, and Kagami is very forceful and pushy and flirty. Satoru is trying to push them along, trying to be a nosy, but good friend. And Tamiya is helping him do that, being a good boyfriend.
Satoru and Tamiya are so cute together, I love them. Satoru’s inner monologue is so adorable and hilarious and so full of feeling. Tamiya is getting to know him so well, and he’s such a sweet boyfriend to him. The other two are growing on me, but Tamiya and Satoru are still my favorite.
Then there’s Satoru’s parents. I just love his mom, who is so like him, and so nosy, and gets along with Satoru so well. She showed up quite a bit in this volume, and I just want her to show up more, because she’s awesome. Also, I'm not sure how much she knows about Satoru, or Yuji, being gay.
I love this series, honestly. The releases are very slow, because we’re pretty much caught up with Japan and I don’t know how fast it’s released over there (apparently not very?). The next volume is coming out next month, and I am looking forward to its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment